[ Tampa, Florida USA ]
Jeff Vinik’s 50-acre Water Street Tampa project is now budgeted at USD 3.0 billion. The project is envisioned to include some 9.0 million SF of built space including 3,500 condominiums and apartments, two hotels with a total of 650 rooms, and one million SF of mixed-use retail along with some 13 acres of public space.
The developer is Strategic Property Partners led by Tampa Bay Lightning owner Jeff Vinik, and Bill Gates’s Cascade Investment.
From a December 2014 post:
Jeff Vinik has unveiled a USD $1 billion plan that would transform 40 acres in the Channelside district of downtown Tampa into a vibrant district of Tampa where people can “live, work, stay and play.”
Jeff Vinik is the owner of the NHL’s Tampa Bay Lighting.
The vision plan would include almost 3 million square feet of development along the city’s waterfront. The project as envisioned includes a new urban medical school, corporate headquarters, residential condominiums, a hotel, meeting space, shops and restaurants.
The master plan includes:
- 1.1 million square feet of new office space.
- 660,000 square feet of residential space.
- 570,000 New hotel and meeting space.
- 330,000 square feet for USF’s new downtown medical school and heart institute.
- 250,000 ground feet of ground-level retail space for shops and restaurants.
- Five new parking garages with more than 5,000 spaces
Vinik has cautioned that his plans are a visioning process, and what has been presented is just a starting point.
Cascade Investments is an investment partner in the project.